Do have management experience and a love for fashion? We may have an opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking to fill a General Manager position for Much Ado Boutique that will work closely with managing owners of the company to grow the business to its next stage and beyond! Significant growth opportunity for the right candidate!
An ideal candidate will have excellent business acumen, solid management experience, a passion for women's fashion, and a love for serving our customer community. The GM will be accountable for successful day to day operations of the business including management of multiple Team Leads, oversight of all key operational areas, and will assist in developing and executing long-term strategy for the business. Compensation will consist of a base salary + bonus + profit-sharing opportunity. An ideal candidate will have experience in online retail or women’s apparel and have a desire to help drive Much Ado Boutique’s expansion and growth in its industry.
General Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Obtains profit contribution by managing staff and establishing and accomplishing business objectives.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, employees, and business partners; and enforcing ethical business practices.
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining team leads; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives in partnership with senior management; cultivating a climate for offering information and opinions and providing opportunities for advancement to subordinates.
- Participates in the development of the business’s strategic plan by studying industry, technological and operational opportunities, presenting analysis, and recommending objectives.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, metrics and measurements; allocating resources efficiently; reviewing progress; and making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing or assisting with the establishment of processes and procedures for inventory intake and management, materials and supplies procurement, packing and shipping operations, marketing, and technical services policies and practices; etc.
- Maintains service quality by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and participating in professional industry groups.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
This is a full-time salaried position requiring in-office work Monday-Friday. While some reasonable accommodations will be made for occasional remote work, the boutique team is onsite daily and therefore the General Manager position requires on-site work most of the time. Much Ado Boutique offers paid holidays, paid vacation (PTO), and a tax-free healthcare benefit for full-time employees. The General Manager will also be eligible for a profit-sharing benefit in addition to competitive salary & performance bonus.
General Manager Qualifications/Skills:
- Operational performance management
- Team leadership, staffing, & coaching
- Business management experience & demonstrated acumen
- Skilled at financial metric monitoring & high-level planning
- Process development & improvement
- Decision making & problem solving
- Strategic planning & execution
- Quality control & management
- Customer service & CSAT management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- University/college degree in business or marketing preferred, or commensurate experience in a similar leadership role
- At least 5 years of successful management experience desired
For more information, please email us at email@example.com or apply online HERE